Saturday September 10th:
- Olde-time carnival day from 1 to 5 p.m. at the Main Beach with clowns, games, facepainting and a sandcastle-building contest (we have prizes!!).
- Hot Dog Roast at the campfire pit from 6 to 7 p.m. along with stories of the Lally family.
- Crazy Strings concert featuring Jenny and Dan Whiteley at the amphitheatre at 7:30 p.m.
Sunday September 11th:
- Voyageur Canoe tours with costumed interpreters on Hogg Bay leaving from the Main Beach on Sunday at 11:00 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. This is your opportunity to experience life as a voyageur and to see the park from a totally different perspective. The cost is only $2 per person or $5 per family and at this time there are seats available. We do recommend advance reservations as we have sold out all previous tours during the festival. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the time you prefer and the number of people in your group and we will reserve tickets for you to pick up and pay for on Sunday.
- Also on Sunday there is a BBQ on the Main Beach from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and music by the Perth Citizens’ Band between 1 and 3 p.m. What a way to end the festival – food and music on the beach at Murphys Point!! The weather is promising to be warm and sunny – there won’t be too many more weekends like this in 2011.
A day pass, seasonal pass or current camping permit is required for park entry. Day passes are available at the park registration gate at $14 per car (or $11 per car for seniors or $7 per car with a disability permit). Also please remember that dogs are not permitted in the beach area.
Click here for full details. Hope to see you at the park this weekend!